About the CCEC
The Center for Czech Education and Culture (CCEC) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation founded in Seattle, Washington, to promote cultural and academic exchange between the Czech Republic and the Pacific Northwest. The CCEC aims to foster ties between the United States and the Czech Republic in the areas of culture, education and civil society. The CCEC strives to implement a range of initiatives and to build alliances across borders, while contributing to the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
The CCEC is committed to the exchange of knowledge and ideas — exchange necessary for citizens to better understand not just their own their societies and cultures, but to appreciate the importance and contributions of cultures outside their own borders.
The CCEC's mandate is carried out through a variety of initiatives, programs and exchanges. Initial efforts have focused on educational exchange opportunities at the college level, local cultural events and on creating ties throughout the Northwest and the United States. Its staff and board of directors are committed to building upon the early successes and making the Center for Czech Education and Culture an invaluable resource for the promotion and understanding of the Czech Republic and its contributions to the world stage.
The Center for Czech for Education and Culture is a 501 (c) (3) organization established to promote a mutual understanding between, and appreciation of, the peoples of the Czech Republic and the Pacific Northwest by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and culture. Particular emphasis will be paid to the cultural richness and democratic contributions of the Czech Republic, as well as to the fostering of mutual cooperation and exchange between academia.
The organization will:
- Promote Culture by organizing, sponsoring and promoting events, meetings, exhibits and other cultural activities.
- Facilitate the free exchange of knowledge and ideas by acting as liaison between major institutions in the Czech Republic and their counterparts in the Pacific Northwest and by striving to provide funding for educational exchange between the two countries.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other Czech related organizations throughout the United States in order to increase information, opportunities and scope of work.
- Act as a resource for those interested in the history, politics and culture of the Czech Republic.
- Create new programs and projects to further ties and cooperation between the United States and the Czech Republic.